Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December Newsletter 2012

Dear Sisters,

As a new presidency we look forward to getting to know each one of you and have heard such wonderful things about your presidencies and ward sisters. We also want to thank the amazing women who served before us, how grateful we are for their loving examples of Christ like service and devotion.  We asked them to share some departing thoughts with you.


My dear Sisters in the Gospel,


As I am soon moving into the Cypress Stake, this will be my last note to you. It has been a privilege for me to serve with you in this great Relief Society. A couple of you have been here my entire time, while a few others are so new. I know that this is the Lord's work and His plan for His daughters in these latter days. May our Heavenly Father bless you always in all the good that you do. (P.S. And who knows, I may be back together with some of you in a new stake in the near future!)   All my love and respect, Anne Criddle
"....I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26:16

I am so grateful for the blessing of my association with each of you.  My heart is full.  I have learned so much from you and from the opportunities where I found myself in your wards and in your meetings.  I have been strengthened by your testimonies and charity.  I have learned new ways to love and teach and serve.  I thank you all for your kindness. I must also express my love for Sister Criddle, Sister McClain, Sister Ferguson, Sister Nicol and Sister Hunt. These women have each influenced my life for good.  I love and admire them so much. I thank my Heavenly Father that you were all placed in my life. I wish you strength and courage and the Lord's blessings in all you do. Love,  Robyn Branning

"My dear sisters, carry on this divine work of Relief Society!" Jana McClain

If I were to say anything to the Katy Stake sisters, it would be just to thank them for their loving service and wonderful faith filled examples to me. The Katy women are simply amazing in righteous ways! They are also drenched in talent which they so willingly shared . Most of all, they are woman of great faith and I appreciated them as they gave their all in building the kingdom in the Katy Stake. I will miss them!  Love, Sara Ferguson
Karen Christensen, Samantha Kirby, Patty Green, Shauna Whiteside
Getting to know us...

Samantha Kirby (President)

I was born in Blackfoot, Idaho.  We have three children and four grandchildren. Our oldest son and his family live in Valencia, CA., our daughter lives in Redlands, CA. ,and our son, with his new wife, is attending BYU Provo. We moved from Valencia, California 2 ½ years ago. We love Texas; everyone is so friendly, gospel oriented and the gorgeous trees in Houston somewhat compensate for mountains.  I met my husband, Vance, at Utah State, and graduated with a BS degree. I have worked in various careers and owned my own businesses, but my favorite role is Mother and doing things for my family to make their life easier.  I have served in Primary, YW, YSA, RS and Gospel Doctrine teacher. I have a great concern and love for our youth, along with our sisters who help guide them.  

I think “ALL” women benefit from Relief Society. It can bring increased testimony growth and balance; which helps us overcome feelings of loneliness and depression. Let’s go forth and share this message with others. As we have recently been called, the Lord has blessed us with “love” for you before we even know your names.  We look forward to getting to know you and learning how we can assist you in serving the sisters of your ward.  May you be blessed in all areas of your life as you serve.

Patty Green (Counselor)

My name is Patricia Green.  I go by Patty.  I was born and raised in Colorado.  One of 6 children.  I am in the middle. I am a the Mother of 3 and have 13 grandchildren.  I love spending time with my family.  I also enjoy a Saturday round of put put golf with my 3 little grandsons. I enjoy reading scriptures, attending the Temple and sewing. I am learning to play the piano and gaining a great love for music..   I have a great love for anything lovely, virtuous and of good report.  I truly seek after these things.   I have a great and profound love of the Savior and am humbled to be in His service.

Shauna Whiteside (Counselor)

I was born and raised in Star Valley Wyoming.  I went to the University of Wyoming and that is where I meet my husband. He was there studying petroleum engineering. In May, we will have been married for 30 years.
We have lived in New Orleans Louisiana, Corpus Christi Texas, Midland Texas, Casper  Wyoming, Lafayette Louisiana, Houston Texas, Aberdeen Scotland, and Stavanager Norway.We have a summer home in Star Valley and are so excited to be getting a temple there.  I have a son Matt who is 23 and studying at Utah State University.  I have a daughter Alex who is 20 and is studying at BYUI but is transferring to BYU in January.  What are the things I enjoy the most...
My dog Rooster who is my constant companion - Riding my four Wheeler - Crocheting Spending time with my family - Reading a good book - Spending time on our ranch

Karen Christensen (Secretary)

I am the oldest of 2 brothers and always felt that I missed out because I didn't have any sisters, but have been blessed with wonderful "sisters" in the gospel who have enriched my life and helped fill the gap. Our family moved to Katy from Utah and we have lived here for 9 years.    I have 2 beautiful children - Faith (13) and Cole (11) they keep me busy, happy, content and always laughing.  I have 2 crazy CUTE dogs who have eaten everything in my backyard, including trees, chairs, tables, pipes and vents.  Some things I enjoy:  taking pictures, reading, good music, holidays & birthdays, color coded closets, family time, creating, learning and my beloved vacuum (it's a great stress reliever).  I am grateful to serve with these remarkable women, they have already impacted my life for good and warmed my heart with their love for  and faith in our 
dear Savior, Jesus Christ.  


Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!